The first lifeboat station at Howth opened in 1817 and was operated by the Dublin Ballast Board. The RNLI took over the station in 1862 and a new lifeboat house was built on the West Pier jetty. In 1933 a new crew room and store was built at the end of the East Pier. In 1967 an inshore lifeboat was placed on station at Howth. In 1982 a new slipway was built for the ILB. The current station house opened in 1984 providing undercover storage for the stations D class ILB and providing improved crew facilities. New moorings were provided for the ALB around this time.
|1 - 12 of 12 Photos|