Irish Lifeboats

The definitive guide to the Irish lifeboat service

Wicklow

Wicklow lifeboat station

« Back to Album Photo 1 of 41 Previous | Next
Wicklow lifeboat station
The current boathouse was built in 1887. In 1911 the boathouse was adapted for the stations first motor lifeboat. This was the first motor lifeboat to be sent to Ireland. In 1989 the boathouse was adapted and the slipway extended by 24m for the station's new Tyne class lifeboat. Improved crew facilities and a souvenir sales outlet were also provided. The Tyne class lifeboat, ON-1153 Annie Blaker, was placed on service in October. In 1997 the boathouse was extended to provide housing for the D class lifeboat. Photo : Pat Nolan
Posted on August 30, 2009 Slideshow