A lifeboat station was first established at Newcastle in 1830. The station was closed in 1833 as the lifeboat was never used. The station was re-established by the RNLI in 1854. The current station house and slipway was built in 1993. The new station houses the stations Mersey class ALB and launch tractor. In 1994 an inshore lifeboat was sent to the station on a trial basis. The D class ILB was permanently based at the station in April 1995.
|1 - 20 of 20 Photos|