The RNLI first established a lifeboat station at Fenit in 1879. A lifeboat house was built near the Coastguard station. In 1928 the lifeboat was placed on moorings in the harbour. In 1969 Fenit lifeboat station was closed. Fenit lifeboat station reopened in August 1994 using an Arun class ALB which was placed on moorings in Fenit harbour. Portacabins were used as temporary crew facitilies. In 1999 a D class inshore lifeboat was placed at the station operating from a container and launched by davit. A new station house opened in 2000 providing much improved crew facilities and housing for the ILB A new mooring pontoon was installed in 2002 for the stations Trent class lifeboat. A new floating boathouse for the stations D class lifeboat was installed in 2011.
|1 - 9 of 9 Photos|