Irish Lifeboats

The definitive guide to the Irish lifeboat service

Courtown

Courtown

« Back to Album Photo 1 of 33 Previous | Next
Courtown
The lifeboat station at Courtown opened in 1865. The lifeboat house was used until 1911 when a new a new station was built. It closed in 1925 and the building was sold. The station re-opened in 1990. The old station was re-acquired and brought back into service. Photo : Aubrey Dale
Posted on August 28, 2009 Slideshow