The first lifeboat station at Kilmore Quay opened in 1847. The station was closed during the 1850's. In 1884 the station was reopened by the RNLI and a lifeboat house was built near the harbour. A new lifeboat station was opened in 1993. Built on the site of the earlier station it was built to accommodate the stations new Mersey class ALB and Talus launching tractor. The new building provided modern crew facilities, workshop and a souvenir shop. In 2003 a Tyne class ALB was placed on station. It was moored at the marina in the harbour. The last ever Mersey class launch took place on August 31st 2003.
|1 - 43 of 43 Photos|