A lifeboat station was first established at Courtmacsherry in 1825. In 1867 the RNLI built a new boathouse on the beach to the east of Courtmacsherry. In 1901 a new iron lifeboat house with a slipway was built at Barry's Point. The station closed for fourteen months in 1928/1929 due to a crew shortage. The station reopened in 1929 and received it's first motor lifeboat which was moored in the river at Courtmacsherry village. A crew room was provided in a building near the seafront. A new station house opened in 1998 on the site of the old building.
|1 - 7 of 7 Photos|