The first lifeboat station was opened in Skerries between 1833 and 1838. The station was reopened by the RNLI in 1854. The station was closed for the second time in 1930 when a motor lifeboat was placed on station at Howth. An inshore lifeboat station was established at Skerries in July 1981. The ILB was kept in a small stone building on the sea front. A new lifeboat station was built in 1997 on the site of the original ILB boat house. The new station provided improved crew facilities and housing for the stations Atlantic 75 ILB and launch tractor.
|1 - 14 of 14 Photos|