The lifeboat station at Helvick Head was first established in 1859. A new lifeboat house and slipway were built at Crowe Point in 1899. In 1930 the station was moved to Helvick Head harbour. The station was closed in 1969. In 1995 launching trials were carried out using an inshore lifeboat. In 1997 an inshore station was established using an Atlantic 21 ILB operating from a temporary compound. In 1999 a new lifeboat house opened providing undercover storage for the stations Atlantic 75 ILB.
|1 - 8 of 8 Photos|