The RNLI established a lifeboat station at Arranmore in 1883. A lifeboat house and slipway were built on the eastern side of Arranmore Island. In 1903 a new lifeboat house was built at Rannagh Point. In 1929 a motor lifeboat was placed on moorings at Leabgarrow, a small gear store was built close to the 1883 boathouse. New moorings were taken up on the north-east side of the island in 1992. A new boathouse was built in 1994 to provide better crew facilities and storage for the boarding boat. In 1997 the boarding boad facility was fitted out and rock armouring adjacent to the slipway.
|1 - 12 of 12 Photos|