A lifeboat station was first established at Youghal in 1839. The RNLI took over operation of the station in 1857. A lifeboat house was built on the south side of the town and was in use until 1876 when a new boat house was built on the seafront near the centre of town. The lifeboat house received a number of alterations over the years until it was demolished after more than 100 years of service. The new boathouse was built in 2002 to provide storage for the new Atlantic 75 ILB and launching tractor. Improved crew facilities and a souvenir shop were also provided.
|1 - 10 of 10 Photos|